Informal learning refers to a lifelong learning in science, technology, engineering, and maths. This can take place across many different settings outside of the classroom. There are a wide range of informal STEM learning opportunities in your community.
To participate in informal learning, you can:
- invite a science speaker to your school, in person or digitally (e.g. Skype a Scientist or invite a parent involved in STEM to speak with the learners.
- visit an SFI Discover Centre
- take part in Science Week
- take part in Space Week
- show how students use STEM skills in environment or sustainability projects
- Take part in I’m a Scientist or I’m an Engineer