Join the network
Every spring, we invite organisations to help us support science education outside the classroom. Learn more about what it means to join the network.
Applications for this year are closed. If you have questions about the Discover Centres Network, email email@example.com.
Every spring, we ask organisations to apply to join our Discover Centres Network.
Discover Centres support schools, engaging children in informal science education. They deliver workshops that support the curriculum.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Discover Centres Network?
The Discover Centres Network (DCN) offers accredited workshops for primary schools in the fields of science, technology, engineering, maths and space.
These programmes help schools engage in science education outside the classroom and provide opportunities for students to meet scientists and engineers from a range of disciplines.
Apply to join
When you apply to become a Discover Centre, you will need to provide details about the workshop you intend to launch for learners.
To help you prepare, we've added some key questions from the application form below.
- Describe the workshop and the activities learners will take part in. These might include:
- science experiments or activities
- looking at exhibits or artefacts
- play-based learning
- using technology or maths
- undertaking fieldwork
- Outline the learning outcomes of your workshop. Learning outcomes should be short and clear, stating what learners will be able to do upon completion. Learning outcomes can be based on three areas of learning: knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Provide the workshop description you will use on your website. This should cover the following:
- how to book
- workshop group size
- if your centre caters for special need groups
- how to find the centre
- details on coach parking
- on-site eating facilities
- details of what schools should bring
- suitable clothing
- safety information
If you have any queries about the application process, email us at email@example.com.Read our data protection notice